How to delegate your Voting Power to a DRep

Delegating is the act of 'loaning' your Voting Power - which equals ADA the balance in your wallet - to someone else. The person or organisation that you delegate to are called DReps, which is short for "Delegate Representatives". DReps represent you in a similar way as a parliamentary or congressional representative does in an analog government. Simply put, they vote on your behalf.

You can also use your Voting Power with 'Automatic' voting options: These special options are for voting 'Abstain', or voting "No Confidence" on all proposals. These options are similar to DReps in that they vote for you.

The main functions of Delegating:

Delegate to DRep

To delegate your personal Voting Power to someone else, who has registered previously as a dRep.

Signal No Confidence

Is where you use your Voting Power to Signal 'No confidence', in the constitutional committee, and also vote 'no' on all proposals and vote 'yes' on all no-confidence proposals. You would do this if you have lost confidence in the Constitutional Committee and want it to be replaced.

Vote ABSTAIN by default

This option will show that you have participated in Governance, but you are not supporting a yes or no vote on proposals. Your Voting Power, however, will count towards a quorum on all votes.

Last updated